You can use this document to install the SSL VPN client for Mac OS version 10.11 and higher.
Catalina is not supported at this time, as a 64-bit version is currently not available.
Step 1: Download the SSL VPN client
For Account Administrators only.
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), in the left-side navigation, click Infrastructure.
- Click SSL VPN.
- Click Members.
- Click the plus ( + ) icon.
In the drop-down menu, enter and select the name of the user, or their email address.
Mark the desired data center or data centers that the user can connect to.
- Click Client.
- Click Download SSL VPN client.
- AMP will automatically detect your operating system; however, you can click Download for another platform to download the client for Mac OS.
- This action will download the Armor-VpnSetup.tgz file.
- In your machine, right-click the downloaded file, and then click Open. This action will extract a directory called mac_phat_client.
- Verify that the filename is mac_phat_client, and not mac_phat_client 02 or mac_phat_client 03 because the full installer location cannot contain any spaces.
- Macintosh HD/Users/jsmith/Downloads/mac_phat_client is correct.
- Macintosh HD/Users/john smith/Downloads/mac_phat_client 2/ is not correct.
Step 2: Copy files to the correct directory
From the recently extracted mac_phat_client directory, copy the naclient.cfg file to the root directory of your system. You can perform this action through the GUI or through the command line.
- Click the Finder window, and then navigate to the top of the desktop.
- Click Finder, click Preferences and then click Sidebar.
- In the left side of the desktop, under Devices, mark Hard Disk.
- In the Finder window, under Devices, locate Macintosh HD.
- From the mac_phat_client directory, copy the naclient.cfg file, and then paste the file in the same location as Application, Library, and System folders.
- You can also select and drag.
- You will need to enter your system local admin password to authenticate.
- Open a terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal).
Enter the following command:
sudo cp /Users/$USER/Downloads/mac_phat_client/naclient.cfg /
- You will need to enter your administrator password to authenticate.
Step 3: Install the SSL VPN client
- Inside the mac_phat_client directory, open the naclient.pkg file.
- If you see a warning about an invalid certificate, click Continue, and then continue with the installation. Select Macintosh HD as the installation disk.
- You will receive an error that says System Extension Blocked, with an explanation that mentions Mattias Nissler. You must enable these extensions; access your security preferences, and then click Allow for the application.
- If you cannot allow the application, you must reboot your machine.
- After you reboot, access your security preferences, and then click Allow for the appliance.
- When you exit the installer, a pop-up to move the installer to trash will appear. Click Keep.
- In the Applications folder, double-click the naclient application, and then log into the application.
- Your SSL VPN login credentials are the same credentials you use to access the Armor Management Portal (AMP).
- If you receive an error message that the naclient is not optimized for your Mac, click OK, and the continue the login process, including your MFA process.
- Additionally, you can expect to receive an error message that displays Unable to open client device file.
Was this helpful?