You can use this document to install a 64-bit SSL VPN client that's compatible with macOS version 10.11 and higher.
Step 1: Download the SSL VPN client
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), in the left-side navigation, click Infrastructure.
- Click SSL VPN.
- On the Clients tab, click Download SSL VPN client.
- AMP will automatically detect your operating system; however, you can click Download for another platform to download the client for macOS.
- This action will download the Armor-VpnSetup.tgz file.
Step 2: Uninstall existing SSL VPN clients
Follow these instructions if you already have the SSL VPN client installed. Failure to complete this step may lead to issues with installing the version you just downloaded.
Although many macOS applications can be uninstalled by drag-and-dropping the application bundle to your Trash, this is not recommended for the VMWare SSL VPN client because it may have background processes which are not fully cleaned-up. Instead, use one of the following methods:
Method 1: via the command line
- If currently using the SSL VPN client, navigate to naclient > Quit Naclient (or use the keyboard shortcut Command-Q)
- Navigate to your computer’s Applications folder
- Launch the Terminal application
In the command line, submit the following command:
sudo sh /opt/sslvpn-plus/naclient/uninstall_gui.sh
- Monitor the uninstall process to completion
- Reboot your system
Method 2: via the UI
- Run the SSL VPN client, if not already doing so
- Within the macOS menu bar, click on the naclient icon
- Select the Uninstall option:
Step 3: Install the SSL VPN client
- In your machine, right-click the downloaded file, and then click Open. This action will extract a directory called mac_phat_client.
- Inside the mac_phat_client directory, open the naclient.pkg file.
- If you see a warning about an invalid certificate, click Continue, and then continue with the installation. Select Macintosh HD as the installation disk.
- You will receive an error that says System Extension Blocked, with an explanation that mentions Mattias Nissler. You must enable these extensions; access your security preferences, and then click Allow for the application.
- If you cannot allow the application, you must reboot your machine.
- After you reboot, access your security preferences, and then click Allow for the appliance.
- When you exit the installer, a pop-up to move the installer to trash will appear. Click Keep.
- In the Applications folder, double-click the naclient application, and then log into the application.
- Your SSL VPN login credentials are the same credentials you use to access the Armor Management Portal (AMP).
Was this helpful?