Armor, along with Zerto, provides a fully managed continuous server replication (disaster recovery) add-on product.
At a high-level, this add-on product recovers and replicates your resources into a recovery environment to help you:
- Maintain your applications during an outage in your primary data center
- Meet compliance requirements
To fully use this screen, you must have the following permissions assigned to your account:
- Read Server Replication
- Write Server Replication
Currently, Disaster Recovery (Continuous Server Replication) is available in the DFW01 (Dallas) and PHX01 (Phoenix) environments.
This add-on product recovers (and then restores) the following resources from your primary environment into a recovery environment:
- Malware protection
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Log Management
- Virtual machines
- IP Addresses
- L2L VPN
Typically, the recovery site is the closest data center to your primary data center. Currently, Armor offers this add-on product in the following locations:
Default recovery environment
|Dallas (DFW01)||Phoenix (PHX01)|
|Phoenix (PHX01)||Dallas (DFW01)|
Order Continuous Server Replication (Disaster Recovery)
You can order Continuous Server Replication (Disaster Recovery) from the Marketplace screen or from the Virtual Machines screen.
Option 1: Order from the Marketplace screen
To order from the Marketplace screen:
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), in the left-side navigation, click Marketplace.
- Under Business Continuity, locate and select Continuous Server Replication.
- In the drop-down menu, select the desired virtual machine.
- Click Choose This.
- Click Purchase.
- This action will automatically create a support ticket. Armor Support will use this ticket to communicate with you regarding the provisioning process.
- For first-time subscribers, it may take up to two business days for this add-on product to be fully provisioned in your account. After this first-time provisioning process, provisioning for additional virtual machines will only take 30 minutes to complete.
- When Armor Support communicates that the add-on product has been fully provisioned:
- Return to the Virtual Machine screen.
- Locate and select the desired virtual machine.
- Click Backup + Recovery.
- Review the status for Server Replication. The status will change from Configuring to Enabled.
Review the following table to better understand theBackup + Recovery section:
The order status for this add-on product:
|Protected Site||Your primary data center location|
|Recovery Site||Your recovery data center location|
The replication / syncing status of this add-on product
|Current RPO (Recovery point objective)||The time of the last sync of your primary environment to the recovery environment|
Option 2: Order from the Virtual Machines screen
Request a test failover and view a test failover virtual machine
You can request a test failover to meet compliance requirements or to verify that the Continuous Server Replication (Disaster Recovery) add-on product was successfully provisioned in your account.
After a successful test failover, you can view the test failover virtual machine in the Armor Management Portal (AMP).
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), on the left-side navigation, click Support.
- Click Tickets + Notifications.
- Click the plus ( + ) icon.
- In Subject, enter Request for a test failover.
- (Optional) In Add Recipient, enter the name or username of additional recipients to add to the ticket, and then select the name.
- In Description, enter the name of the corresponding virtual machine.
- Click Create Ticket.
- Armor Support will update the ticket when the test failover is complete.
- To view the test failover virtual machine, on the left-side navigation, click Infrastructure.
- Click Virtual Machines.
- The name of the test failover virtual machine will include the name of the primary virtual machine, along with - Test added to the name. For example, if the name of the primary virtual machine is My Company, then the name of test failover virtual machine will be My Company - Test.
- The Continuous Server Replication section will not appear in the detailed screen screen for the test failover virtual machine.
- (Optional) To access the test failover virtual machine in the test failover site, you must download and install the SSL/VPN client for the test failover environment.
- You must download the client for your correct recovery location (DFW01-Recovery or PHX01-Recovery).
- If your primary environment is DFW01, then you should download the client for PHX01-Recovery environment.
- If your primary environment is PHX01, then you should download the client for DFW01-Recovery environment.
- To learn how to download and install the SSL/VPN client, see SSL VPN.
- To end the test failover, create a support ticket and indicate your interest to end the test failover.
- Armor Support will remove the test failover virtual machine from your AMP account.
To request a certificate for compliance reasons, create a support ticket and indicate your interest to receive a certificate.
Request a live recovery and view a live recovery virtual machine
Was this helpful?