Armor Knowledge Base
Have a suggestion for the Armor Knowledge Base?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Security Dashboard in the Armor Management Portal (AMP) displays the various statuses of your virtual machines:
- Green indicates a virtual machine in a Secured status.
- Yellow indicates a virtual machine in a Warning status.
- Red indicates a virtual machine in a Critical status.
Virtual Machine status
The overall status of your virtual machine is based on the individual status of your virtual machine's subcomponents. Your virtual machine contains three subcomponents:
Armor reviews the status of your three subcomponents and labels your virtual machine based on the status of your most critical subcomponent.
For example, if Anti-Malware and FIM are both in a Secured status, but Patching is in a Critical status, then overall, your virtual machine is labeled as Critical.
In another example, if Anti-Malware is in a Critical status, FIM is in a Warning status, and Patching is in a Secured status, then overall, your virtual machine is labeled as Critical.
Armor determines the status of FIM based on how long FIM has been offline.
- If FIM is offline for 2 to 7 days, then the FIM status changes from Secured to Warning.
- If FIM is offline for 8 days or more, then the FIM status changes from Warning to Critical.
|Length of offline status||Security Status|
|2 to 7 days||Warning|
|8 days or more||Critical|
Armor troubleshoots virtual machines that contain FIM subcomponents in a Warning or Critical status. To troubleshoot with Armor, you must submit a support ticket.
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), at the bottom, click New.
- Click Ticket.
- In Ticket Subject, enter a descriptive name.
- In Add Recipient, enter the email address of additional users who should receive support updates.
- In Ticket Explanation, enter useful details that can help Armor troubleshoot the problem quickly, especially the name of the virtual name.
- Click Attach File to add relevant images of your issue, such as the code or error message.
- Click Create Ticket.
- To view the status of your ticket, in the left-side navigation, click Support, and then click Tickets + Notifications.