This article is for Generation 3 users.
We currently have hosting facilities at the following locations:
- Dallas, TX
- London, UK
- Phoenix, AZ
- Amsterdam, NL
- Singapore, SG
By default, your SSL VPN account is created on a single SSL appliance at the hosting facility containing the majority of your resources. Upon request your SSL VPN account can be created or migrated to a hosting facility of your choosing. For example, if you reside in London, UK but your infrastructure resides mostly in Phoenix, AZ by default, your SSL VPN account will be created in Phoenix, AZ (vpn-6.armor.com). However, upon request your SSL VPN account can be created at the London, UK facility (vpn-3.armor.com).
Install The Cisco AnyConnect Client
The Cisco AnyConnect Client is used to create a secure connection from your local computer to your Secure Cloud Servers within our environment. To download the agent, open a web browser and navigate to the respective URL for the preferred SSL VPN appliance, or use one of the links below.
- Windows: https://resources.armor.com/downloads/anyconnect-win-3.1.14018-pre-deploy-k9.msi
- Mac OSX: https://resources.armor.com/downloads/anyconnect-macosx-i386-3.1.14018-k9.dmg
- Linux 32bit: https://resources.armor.com/downloads/anyconnect-predeploy-linux-3.1.14018-k9.tar.gz
- Linux 64bit:
Please accept any security dialogs or warnings during the installation process.
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect Client.
- Ensure the correct hostname is entered in the Connect to: field.
- Enter your VPN credentials.
- Press 'Connect'.
- If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your account, you must answer the phone call from the Armor authentication system and follow the instructions to authenticate.
- After completing the phone call successfully you will be connected to the VPN.
- In your system tray or menu bar, right-click the Cisco AnyConnect icon and click 'Disconnect.'
Managing SSL VPN Accounts
In order to manage an SSL VPN account–including adding, removing, and disabling accounts–your portal user account needs to have both the 'Add or Remove Billable Items' and the 'Add/Edit Users' users permissions. Please note that you will not be able to manage legacy VPN accounts until you have associated the account with a my.armor.com portal user.
Administrators may add/modify/disable user accounts with access to the SSL VPN by selecting the SSL VPN tab in the Armor Secure Portal. The steps for managing SSL VPN accounts are:
- Open the SSL VPN tab in the Secure Portal (https://my.armor.com).
- Navigate to Security->SSL VPN.
- You will be presented with a listing of all assign SSL VPN accounts and have the ability to Add/Modify/Disable accounts (see first graphic).
- You cannot delete accounts with SSL VPN, you can only deactivate.
- To disable an SSL VPN, simply select the slider to the right of the appropriate account and the user profile currently highlighted in GREEN will turn to RED.
- To add an SSL VPN to an account, select the “Add SSL/VPN” option.
- Select whether you want 2Factor authorization and which user account is to be assigned.
- Select the check box at the bottom acknowledging the fees and COMPLETE the order.
Users can change their password at https://my.armor.com/account/users. Note: that you can only set or change your own password.