In This Document
Was this document useful?
Have a suggestion for the Armor Knowledge Base? Send a message to email@example.com.
This topic only applies to Armor Complete - Secure Hosting account administrators who have been notified by Armor that their account has been fully upgraded to Generation 4.
Before you begin, to better understand the upgrade process, Armor recommends that you review the Frequently Asked Questions for Generation 4 documentation.
After the upgrade process is complete, you will receive a notification from Armor.
Use this document to complete the post-upgrade tasks and to confirm a successful upgrade.
Step 1: Review your virtual machines
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), in the left-side navigation, click Infrastructure.
- Click Virtual Machines.
- Review the listed virtual machines.
- If you have any questions, contact Armor Support. For more information, see Support Tickets.
To learn how to create a virtual machine, see Virtual Machines.
If you add or update a virtual machine in Generation 4, those changes will be priced according to the updated pricing structure for Generation 4.
Step 2: Enable SSL/VPN access for your users
If you run Ubuntu 16.x, see Install SSL / VPN Client for Ubuntu 16.x
Step 3: Enable and install your SSL/VPN access
Step 4: Review your firewall rules
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), in the left-side navigation, click Security.
- Click Firewall.
- Review the listed firewall rules.
(Optional) Step 5: Create additional roles
Before the upgrade process began, you had assigned roles and permissions to your users from a list of default roles.
Now, you can assign and customize additional roles to your users.
You can assign multiple roles to a user.
(Optional) Step 6: Assign roles to existing users
This step only applies if you created additional roles for your users.
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), in the left-side navigation, click Account.
- Click Roles + Permissions.
- Locate and select the desired role.
- Under the name of the role, click Members.
- Click Edit Members.
- Select and drag the desired user to the Chosen column.
- Click the X at the top, right corner.
Step 7: Contact your users
Upgraded users who are not account administrators must also complete the account signup process
Similar to an account administrator, upgraded users also received an email invitation to complete the account signup.
You can share the following document to help your users complete this process: Complete the onboarding process and create a virtual machine