- 2008 R2 Datacenter
- 2008 R2 Standard
- 2008 R2 Web
- 2012 Datacenter
- 2012 R2 Standard
- 2012 Standard
- 2016 Standard (Desktop Experience)
Windows servers require a minimum of 2 CPU and 2GB of memory.
2008 R2 Web and 2008 R2 Standard does not support CPUs 12 and above.
Linux servers require a minimum of 1 CPU and 2GB of memory.
Order a virtual machine
In addition to the Marketplace screen, you can order a virtual machine from the Virtual Machines screen. For additional information regarding the Virtual Machines screen, see Virtual Machines.
In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), in the left-side navigation, click Marketplace.
- In the left-side navigation, click Virtual Machines.
- Locate and select the desired operating system and operating system version
- CentOS 6
- CentOS 7
- Red Hat 6
- Red Hat 7
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Windows Server 2008 R2Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012Windows Server 2016
- Use the Region drop-down menu to select the data center to host your virtual machine.
- Select the desired virtual machine based on your CPU and memory needs (GB).
- You can click High CPU or High Memory to filter the list of virtual machines. You can also click Show More Options to see every virtual machine offering.
- Armor labels virtual machines by CPU and memory features. For instance, 2x4 indicates that the virtual machine has 2 CPU and 4 GB of memory.
- In Name, enter a descriptive name for your virtual machine.
- In Workload, select New Workload.
- In New Workload Name, enter a descriptive name.
- In In Workload Tier, select New Tier.
- In New Tier Name, enter a descriptive name.
- In Location, select the data center to host your virtual machine.
- Under Access Credentials, note your username to access the virtual machine.
- In Password, enter a secure password to use to access the virtual machine.
- You can also click Generate Password for AMP to generate a password.
- (Optional) For additional storage, in Storage Substrate and Disk Size, select your desired storage, and then click Add Disk.
- On the right-side menu, review the pricing information, and then click Purchase.
- You will be directed to a confirmation screen, where you can review a summary of your purchase, along with "next steps", additional resources, and the update schedule for your virtual machine.
To view the status of your newly created virtual machine, in the left-side navigation, click Infrastructure, click Virtual Machines, and then search for your newly created virtual machine.
After you create a virtual machine, Armor recommends that you:
- Create a firewall rule
- By default, outbound and inbound traffic are blocked from virtual machines. To allow traffic, you must create a firewall rule. To learn more, see Firewall Rules.
- Download the SSL/VPN client.
- To access the virtual machine, you must download the SSL/VPN client. To learn more, see SSL VPN.
Was this helpful?