In Gen 3 (my.armor.com), you were able to access your virtual machine via the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. In Gen 4 (amp.armor.com), you can only access virtual machines via the VMwareTRAY SSL VPN-Plus Client. Even after you upgrade to Gen 4, you can still use the Cisco to access your transferred virtuavirtual; machines; wever,however, for a virtual machine that is replicated to the failover site, you can only access that virtual machine via the VMware client. In short, Armor recommends that you use the VMware client to access your virtual machines.
Even during a data center outage, you must submit a support ticket to Armor to request a live failover.
Any changes you make in your virtual machine while in the replication site will not be transferred over to the primary site at the end of the failover.
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), on the left-side navigation, click Infrastructure.
- Click Virtual Machines.
- Locate and select the desired virtual machine.
- Next to the virtual machine name, click the gear icon.
- Select Add Continuous Replication.
- In the drop-down menu, confirm the desired virtual machine.
- Review the information, including pricing information, and then select Submit.
- For first-time users, it may take up to two business days for this add-on product to be fully provisioned in your account. If you add After this add-on product to additional virtual machines, then the provisioning process for those additional machines first-time provisioning process, additional provisioning will only take 30 minutes to complete.
- To confirm that this service was activated:
- Return to the Virtual Machine Details screen for the desired virtual machine.
- Click the Continuous Server Replication tab.
- Review the status for Server Replication.
- (Optional) Armor recommends that after your add-on product has been fully provisioned, you should request a test failover, simply to verify the service.