Armor highly recommends that you review the FAQs for upgraded users with DR to better understand how the Continuous Server Replication (Disaster Recovery) add-on product functions.
Currently, Disaster Recovery
Continuous Server Replication) is available in the DFW01 (Dallas) and PHX01 (Phoenix) environments.
Armor, along with Zerto, provides a fully managed continuous server replication (disaster recovery) add-on product.
At a high-level, this add-on product recovers and replicates your resources into a recovery environment to help you:
- Maintain your applications during an outage in your primary data center
- Meet compliance requirements
This add-on product recovers (and then restores) the following resources from your primary environment into a recovery environment:
Typically, the recovery site is the closest data center to your primary data center. Currently, Armor offers this add-on product in the following locations:
Default recovery environment
|Dallas (DFW01)||Phoenix (PHX01)|
|Phoenix (PHX01)||Dallas (DFW01)|
To order from the Marketplace screen:
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), in the left-side navigation, click Marketplace.
- Under Business Continuity, locate and select Continuous Server Replication.
- In the drop-down menu, select the desired virtual machine.
- Click Choose This.
- Click Purchase.
- This action will automatically create a support ticket. Armor Support will use this ticket to communicate with you regarding the provisioning process.
- For first-time subscribers, it may take up to two business days for this add-on product to be fully provisioned in your account. After this first-time provisioning process, provisioning for additional virtual machines will only take 30 minutes to complete.
- When Armor Support communicates that the add-on product has been fully provisioned:
- Return to the Virtual Machine screen.
- Locate and select the desired virtual machine.
- Click Backup + Recovery.
- Review the status for Server Replication. The status will change from Configuring to Enabled.
Review the following table to better understand theBackup + Recovery section:
After your add-on product has been fully provisioned, Armor recommends that you request a test failover, simply to verify the service is functional. To learn more, seeRequest a test failover and view a test failover virtual machine.