In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), in the left-side navigation, click Marketplace.
- In the left-side navigation, click Virtual Machines.
- Locate and select the desired operating system and operating system version
- CentOS 6
- CentOS 7
- Ubuntu 14.04
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Red Hat 6
- Red Hat 7
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Debian 8
- Debian 9
- Windows Server 2016
- Use the Region drop-down menu to select the data center to host your virtual machine.
- Select the desired virtual machine based on your CPU and memory needs (GB).
- You can click High CPU or High Memory to filter the list of virtual machines. You can also click Show More Options to see every virtual machine offering.
- Armor labels virtual machines by CPU and memory features. For instance, 2x4 indicates that the virtual machine has 2 CPU and 4 GB of memory.
- In Name, enter a descriptive name for your virtual machine.
- In Workload, select New Workload.
- In New Workload Name, enter a descriptive name.
- In New Tier Name, enter a descriptive name.
- In Location, select the data center to host your virtual machine.
- Under Access Credentials, note your username to access the virtual machine.
- In Password, enter a secure password to use to access the virtual machine.
- You can also click Generate Password for AMP to generate a password.
- (Optional) For additional storage, under Storage Substrate and Disk Size, select your desired storage, and then click Add Disk.
- On the right-side menu, review the pricing information, and then click Purchase.
To view the status of your newly created virtual machine, in the left-side navigation, click Infrastructure, click Virtual Machines, and then search for your newly created virtual machine.