|Home > Armor Complete - Product User Guide > Continuous Data Replication (Disaster Recovery () for upgraded users) (external draft) > > Continuous Data Replication (Disaster Recovery () for upgraded users) (external draft)|
This document only applies to upgraded users.
Armor highly recommends that you review the FAQs for upgraded users with DR to better understand how the Continuous Data Replication (Disaster Recovery) add-on product functions.
|Primary environment||Default recovery environment|
|Dallas (DFW01)||Phoenix (PHX01)|
|Phoenix (PHX01)||Dallas (DFW01)|
Armor recommends that you review the FAQs regarding this add-on product.
You can order Continuous Server Replication (Disaster Recovery) from the Virtual Machine Details screen in the Armor Management Portal (AMP).
Review the following table to better understand the Continuous Server Replication tab.
Request a test failover and view a test failover virtual machine
You can request a test failover to meet compliance requirements or to verify that the Continuous Server Replication (Disaster Recovery) add-on product was successfully provisioned in your account.
To request a certificate for compliance reasons, create a support ticket and indicate your interest to receive a certificate.
Request a live recovery and view a live recovery virtual machine
You can request a live recovery to troubleshoot during an outage in your primary environment. After a successful live recovery, you can view the live recovery virtual machine in the Armor Management Portal (AMP).
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), on the left-side navigation, click Support.
- Click Tickets + Notifications.
- Click New Ticket.
- In Ticket Subject, enter Request for a Live recovery or Request for a test failover.
- Armor will notify you of a data center outage. In this case, you must still submit a support ticket to request a live recovery.
- (Optional) In Add Recipient, enter the name or username of additional recipients to add to the ticket, and then select the name.
- In Ticket Explanation, enter the name of the corresponding virtual machine.
- Click Create Ticket.
- To view the status of your ticket, in the left-side navigation, click Support, and then click Tickets + Notifications.
- Armor Support will update the ticket when the test failover is complete.
- On the left-side navigation, click Infrastructure.
- Click Virtual Machines. The recovery virtual machine will be listed in the table.
- The name of the recovery virtual machine will be the same as the primary virtual machine, along with a yellow icon.
- The primary virtual machine will not be listed in this table.
- The Continuous Server Replication tab will not appear not appear in the VM Details screen.
- To access the live recovery virtual machine in the live recovery site, you must download and install the Gen 4 SSL/VPN client for the live recovery environment.
- You cannot use the Gen 3 (Cisco AnyConnect) client to connect to the virtual machine in the test failover site.
- You must download the client for your correct recovery location (DFW01-Recovery or PHX01-Recovery).
- If your primary environment is DFW01, then you should download the client for PHX01-Recovery environment.
- If your primary environment is PHX01, then you should download the client for DFW01-Recovery environment.
- To learn how to download and install the SSL/VPN client, see SSL/VPN.
- To end the live recovery, create a support ticket and indicate your interest to end the live recovery.
Troubleshoot Continuous Server Replication tab
If you cannot access the Continuous Server Replication tab in the Virtual Machine Details screen, consider that:
- You have not ordered Continuous Server Replication service.
- To learn how to order this service, see Continuous Data Replication (Disaster Recovery () for upgraded users) (external draft).
- Armor Support has not completely provisioned the service.
- This service may take up to two business days to appear in your AMP account.
- You do not have permission to order and view this service.
- You must have the Read Server Replication and Write Server Replication permissions enabled. Contact your account administrator to enable this permission. To learn how to update you permissions, see Roles and Permissions (Armor Complete).