- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), on the left-side navigation, click Infrastructure.
- Click Virtual Machines.
- Locate and select the desired virtual machine.
- Next to the virtual machine name, click the gear icon.
- Select Add Continuous Replication.
- In the drop-down menu, confirm the desired virtual machine.
- Review the information, including pricing information, and then select Submit.
- For first-time users, it may take up to two business days for this add-on product to be fully provisioned in your account. After this first-time provisioning process, provisioning for additional virtual machines will only take 30 minutes to complete.
- To confirm that this service was activated:
- Return to the Virtual Machine Details screen for the desired virtual machine.
- Click the Continuous Server Replication tab.
- Review the status for Server Replication. The status will change from Provisioning to Enabled.
- (Optional) Armor recommends that after your add-on product has been fully provisioned, you should request a test failover, simply to verify the service.
The order status for this add-on product:
|Protected Site||Your primary data center location|
|Recovery Site||Your failover data center location|
The replication / syncing status of this add-on product
|Current RPO (Recovery point objective)||The time of the last sync of your primary environment to the failover environment|
Request and view a test failover
Request and view a live failover
You can request a live failover to troubleshoot during an outage in your primary data center.
During a live failover, Armor recommends that you do not make any changes to your failover virtual machine. Any change you make will not replicated in the primary virtual machine.
After a successful failover, you can view and confirm the failover in the Armor Management Portal (AMP).
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), on the left-side navigation, click Support.
- Click Tickets + Notifications.
- Click New Ticket.
- In Ticket Subject, enter Request for a Live Failover or Request for a Test Failover.
- Armor will notify you of a data center outage. In this case, you must still submit a support ticket to request a live failover.
- (Optional) In Add Recipient, enter the name or username of additional recipients to add to the ticket, and then select the name.
- In Ticket Explanation, enter the name of the corresponding virtual machine.
- Click Create Ticket.
- To view the status of your ticket, in the left-side navigation, click Support, and then click Tickets + Notifications.
- Armor Support will update the ticket when the test failover is complete.
- On the left-side navigation, click Infrastructure.
- Click Virtual Machines.
- The failover virtual machine will be listed in the table.
- The name of the failover virtual machine will be the same as the original virtual machine, along with a yellow icon.
- The original virtual machine will not be listed in this table.
To access a failover virtual machine, you cannot use the Gen 3 (my.armor.com) SSL/VPN client. You can only use the Gen 4 (amp.armor.com) SSL/VPN client.
To learn how to download and install an SSL/VPN client in Gen 4, see SSL/VPN.
What aspects of my environment are replicated into the failover site?
Firewall Rules (you need to request it via a support ticket to)