To fully use this screen, you must add the following permission to your account:
- Read AVAM
- Writer Trend Manual Scan
- Read Trend Manual Scan
View Service Health Data For Malware Protection
- In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), in the left-side navigation, click Security.
- Click Malware Protection.
Navigate to the Malware Protection Service table.
The status icons above the Malware Protection Service tableindicate the overall Malware Protection status for all of your instances. There are three status types:
- OK (in green) indicates that your server's agent has communicated (hearbeated) with Armor.
- Warning (in yellow) indicates that your server's agent appears to be reporting behind its expected timelines.
- Needs Attention (in red) indicates that your server's agent has not properly communicated (heartbeated) with Armor.
For Armor Complete, the name of the virtual machine you created in AMP.
For Armor Anywhere, the name of the instance that contains the installed Anywhere agent, which includes the Malware Protection subagent.
For Armor Complete, the entry will display Armor.
For Armor Anywhere, the name of the public cloud provider for the instance will appear.
|Last Communication Date|
The date and time that the Malware Protection subagent last communicated with Armor.
The date and time of the last Malware scan.
The Scan button will display if your subagent has heartbeated within the last four hours, AND a scan is not already in progress for the virtual machine or instance.
The Scan button will NOT display if an initial Malware scan has not been run, nor if your sub-agent has not heartbeated for that particular virtual machine or instance within the last four hours.
The Scan button will be disabled if there are five active scans running on your account.
The number of active scans will display in the top right corner of the table.
To learn how the overall Malware Protection status is determined, see Understand service health data for Malware Protection.
Understand Service Health Data For Malware Protection
In the Malware Protection screen, the Malware Protection Service table displays the various malware protection statuses of your virtual machines or instances:
- Green indicates a virtual machine in a Secured Malware Protection status.
- Yellow indicates a virtual machine in a Warning Malware Protection status.
- Red indicates a virtual machine in a Critical Malware Protection status.
The Malware Protection status can change based on the following two conditions:
- The date of your last scan (Last Scan)
- The date that Armor last received your data (Last Communication Date)
The overall status of your virtual machine is based on the individual status of your virtual machine's subcomponents (subagents), including Malware Protection.
Condition 1: Date of Last Scan
If the last scan for Malware Protection took place between 7 to 13 days ago, then the Malware Protection status changes from Secured to Warning.
If the last scan for Malware Protection took place 14 days ago or more, then the Malware Protection status changes from Warning to Critical.
Date Of Last Scan
|7 to 13 days ago||Warning|
|14 days or more||Critical|
Condition 2: Date That Armor Last Received Your Data
If Armor last received data between 24 to 48 hours ago, then the Malware Protection status changes from Secured to Warning.
If Armor last received data over 48 hours ago, then the Malware Protection status changes from Warning to Critical.
Date Of Armor Receiving Your Data
|24 to 48 hours ago||Warning|
|Over 48 hours||Critical|
Was this helpful?