In This Document
Was this document useful?
Have a suggestion for the Armor Knowledge Base? Send a message to email@example.com.
You can use this document to install the SSL VPN client for Mac OS version 10.11 and higher.
Step 1: Download the SSL VPN client
- (For Account Administrators only) In the Armor Management Portal (AMP), in the left-side navigation, click Infrastructure.
- (For Account Administrators only) Click SSL VPN.
- (For Account Administrators only) Click Members.
- (For Account Administrators only) Click the plus ( + ) icon.
(For Account Administrators only) In the drop-down menu, enter and select the name of the user, or their email address.
(For Account Administrators only) Mark the desired data center or data centers that the user can connect to.
(For Account Administrators only) Click Submit.
- Click Client.
- Click Download SSL VPN client.
- AMP will automatically detect your operating system; however, you can click Download for another platform to download the client for Mac OS.
- This action will download the Armor-VpnSetup.tgz file.
- In your machine, right-click the downloaded file, and then click Open. This action will extract a directory called mac_phat_client.
- Verify that the filename is mac_phat_client, and not mac_phat_client 02 or mac_phat_client 03 because the full installer location cannot contain any spaces.
- Macintosh HD/Users/jsmith/Downloads/mac_phat_client is correct.
- Macintosh HD/Users/john smith/Downloads/mac_phat_client 2/ is not correct.
Step 2: Copy files to the correct directory
From the recently extracted mac_phat_client directory, copy the naclient.cfg file to the root directory of your system. You can perform this action through the GUI or through the command line.
Option 1: Copy via a GUI
- Click the Finder window, and then navigate to the top of the desktop.
- Click Finder, click Preferences and then click Sidebar.
- In the left side of the desktop, under Devices, mark Hard Disk.
- In the Finder window, under Devices, locate Macintosh HD.
- From the mac_phat_client directory, copy the naclient.cfg file, and then paste the file in the same location as Application, Library, and System folders.
- You can also select and drag.
- You will need to enter your system local admin password to authenticate.
Option 2: Copy via the command line
- Open a terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal).
- Enter the following command:
- You will need to enter your administrator password to authenticate.
Step 3: Install the SSL VPN client
- Inside the mac_phat_client directory, open the naclient.pkg file.
- If you see a warning about an invalid certificate, click Continue, and then continue with the installation. Select Macintosh HD as the installation disk.
- You will receive an error that says System Extension Blocked, with an explanation that mentions Mattias Nissler. You must enable these extensions; access your security preferences, and then click Allow for the application.
- If you cannot allow the application, you must reboot your machine.
- After you reboot, access your security preferences, and then click Allow for the appliance.
- When you exit the installer, a pop-up to move the installer to trash will appear. Click Keep.
- In the Applications folder, double-click the naclient application, and then log into the application.
- Your SSL VPN login credentials are the same credentials you use to access the Armor Management Portal (AMP).
- If you receive an error message that the naclient is not optimized for your Mac, click OK, and the continue the login process, including your MFA process.
- Additionally, you can expect to receive an error message that displays Unable to open client device file.